Saturday, January 31, 2009

So what is on your agenda?

Do you have any plans for this fine weekend? The weather doesn't sound all that bad and the temperatures have slowly risen to what are seemingly a comfortable level for this time of year.

The progress on my projects has slowed a little the last few days. I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights therefore my energy level has been quite depleted. I have managed to get her new sewing table finished as well as the painting in the room. Today I am going to work on the storage unit as well as doing some much needed cleaning around the house. I think, as the plan was last night, that tonight we are going to the movies with atleast one of our friends, hopefully there will be another couple going as well.

3 more weeks to go before I get to go back, when I say it like that it seems like a long time but I've gotta admit that this past week flew by, maybe the next 3 will as well. Now I am just hoping that I will get everything on my list done before we start back up.

I've been thinking the last few days how easy it has become to get down in today's society. It's hard to have any hope when you take a step back and look at where we are as a population and knowing that the future doesn't look much brighter, atleast not for some time. As much as that thought sticks in the back of my mind, I have to admit that I am quite happy with my life as a whole. I have a house that keeps me reasonably dry and warm. I have a wife that loves me to no ends and supports me in every way she can. I work for a company, who even though did have to give us some time off, tries everything they can to do their best for US, not for themselves. I have some of the best friends in the world and who mean everything to me. Even though I am quite over weight I have been making efforts to slim down and my health is reasonably well. Life is good.

Life is good. Even though there are some small things that could use improvement, that is a constant in life no matter who or where you are. What matters is that you don't lay around and wallow in self pity but instead make an effort to right the things you are unhappy with. It's only when we stick together, when we all make an effort, no matter how small, can we each and all be happy. Help yourself but help others as well and lets see if in a result we can make the future look brighter than it does right now.

No comments: