Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry New Year!!

So per tradition I have waitedd until AFTER the start of the new year to figure out what my resolutions should be. My track average is usually pretty good with about an 85% completion rating, so hey, why mess with a good thing right? So here we go, 2009 New Year Resolutions

1. To lose 45 lbs. This will not get me to my goal weight but it will be a damn good start, and at less than 4lbs a month is in my mind a completely attainable goal.

2. To ride our exercise bike atleast every other day. More is acceptable, less is intolerable.

3. To pay off my wife's debt consolidation loan. 3 years ago she took out a loan to help me get my life back in order. Through a multitude of reasons we have fallen a few months behind on payments and we want desperately to get caught back up. If we can get it paid off it would be an extra $350 bucks a month we could do other things we want with.

4. To take my wife hiking in Gulf Hagas. I promised to take her last year and I let her down. I won't be making that same mistake again. Hopefully it will be easier this year with me losing weight.

5. To be more organized. I have already started this resolution. In the last month I completely cleaned out my gun room and totally reorganized everything. Also last weekend I made some giant strides with the garage. I need to build some lumber racks so I can actually put stuff away and make some room. Hopefully that will come this weekend.

6. Write one good poem. Growing up I used to write constantly. Granted, some of the pieces were quite awful but never the less it was an effort and an emotion expressed. I think it has been almost 2 years since I really wrote anything and I want to make that effort again.

7. Okay, this one is the grand-daddy of them all. This is the big one, this is the one that no matter what, by December 31st, 2009 must be accomplished or else this whole year will be a failure.
I. want. to. get. drunk. Period.

So what are your hopes and dreams for the year ahead?

No comments: