Sunday, November 17, 2013

Eight years ago my life changed forever. It was eight years ago tonight that a girl took what was, is, and probably ever will be the biggest chance of her life by meeting a boy that had the gumption to message her completely out of the blue and asked her if she was willing to get to know him. It took guts on both sides. And it worked.

That dinner changed everything. Eight years ago tonight I met Heather for the very first time at the 99 Restaurant in Bangor. We had our dinner and conversation and proceeded to the local book store where I proceeded to shock her into 16 shades of red by purchasing a hot pink erotica book because she didn't dare to buy because of her job. I wanted to show her that I really didn't care what other people thought of me and to show her that I was willing to do whatever I could to make her happy. I think it worked.

That night I fell in affection with her. Within two weeks I had completely fallen in love. She knew it and was hesitant. But what can I say, I'm stubborn and I wore her down...or convinced her, yeah, convincing sounds better. I convinced her that I was the right one for her. From that day on, we have been inseparable and it's been one hell of a ride. Its been up and its been down, and there's been times it's like driving over a mile of speed bumps but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the cosmos.

I love her more today, than I did yesterday and a hundred times more than I did when I first fell in love with her (which at the time I didn't think would be possible). All of my life I have been a rock and foundation for those around me, letting me help them along their way. Heather stepped in and became the first person ever to try and hold me up. She has supported me to no ends, righted me when I am wrong and done everything in her power to make me smile. Her dancing usually works. While we do have a few things in common we are one of the best examples of opposites attracting each other and it works so well that it has to be right.

We are both bull headed and love a good arguement, but we don't belittle each other in doing so. She works harder than I could ever ask anyone to. She is smart (smarter than me, but don't tell her I said that) and quick witted and always keeps me on my toes (except when I wind up on the floor, trying to make her lunch....sorry hon, had to throw it in there). She is dedicated and loves me like no other has and for all of that, she is perfect.

I am proud of the person she has blossomed into over the years we have been together. I am beyond words of the pride I feel in her for taking the chances she has in life. The steps she has taken takes more guts than most people can muster and I will continue to support her for as long as she so chooses to keep fighting for what she wants. I am proud of her for standing on her own two feet and grabbing this life by the tenders and saying you're going to do what I want or we're going to have a problem. I am proud to call her my wife.

Heather Naomi Monroe Kinne. There really are no words I can write, say, draw, or express to show you how much I love you, and how grateful I am to have you in my life. This trip may not always go the way we want it too, but there is absolutely no other person in this world that I would rather take it with. Despite what you may think at times, you make my life better. You make me a better person. You keep the Bear alive inside of me. For that, and all the love you have given me
all I can simply say is Thank you.

1 comment:

Fox In Detox said...

I LOVE this story, and I love that you two found each other! If you wrote a book, I'd read it!